THE AROMAS IN THIS KIT ARE:
- black olive
- cigar box
YOUR KIT CONTAINS:
• Aromas – 12 vials containing the most common aromas found in the varietal wine. Our aromas are formulated in partnership with an accredited organization, whose mandate is built on a foundation of impeccable research and development.
• An instructional Booklet – Including information on the predominant aromas found in your kit, and their origins. A brief history of the wine variety, as well as tips on tasting are also included.
• Scent Cards – Beautifully designed interactive scent cards with information on each of the scents are included in the kit, granting you easy access to wine aroma information while using the kit.
• An interactive notepad – Designed for you to practice the skills you’ve acquired through the kit. Gather a group of friends, open a few bottles of varietal wine, check off which aromas you recognize in the wines you taste, and compare answers.
• Packaging – Everything is held in place in a beautiful case designed to sit handsomely in your bookshelf, bar or dining room buffet cabinet, making the kit a wonderful and affordable collector’s item.
• The wine aroma wheel is also included. It will provide you with the benefits of describing wines in specific terms. This will enable your greater enjoyment and appreciation of the wonderful world of wine plus an enhanced ability to discriminate and remember wine flavours. The combined use of this descriptive wine aroma wheel and the 12 aroma vials will enhance your ability to discriminate and remember wine aromas. You will be able to make the connection between the aromatic characteristics and the varietals in which they are found. The varietals examined include for example: Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir; Shiraz, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, White Riesling and Gewürztraminer.
THE CABERNET SAUVIGNON GRAPE AND VINE
Cabernet Sauvignon is packaged perfectly. It has small grapes closely clustered but jammed with age-preserving tannins. Its skins are thick which hold deep colour-giving pigments. It is extremely hardy and vigorous and more resistant to rot than most reds. It responds best in well-drained loam or gravelly loam soils, but it can thrive in very different conditions.
It is, however, a late ripener requiring warmth and time to develop. If it has too much heat, the flavours can display more jammy, stewed notes. If it doesn’t have enough time to ripen, it can taste herbaceous and aggressive. But when it is ripe, it can reach unparalleled levels of harmony and distinction.
*The precise chemical recipes for each aroma bottle contained in this kit have been meticulously composed in the laboratories commissioned by Wine Awakenings under the strict supervision of the company’s chief scientist and professor of oenology. Each aroma is also designed to be non-toxic, for human olfactory consumption, and is protected by Canadian and International copyright (patent pending). The reproduction, in whole or in part, of any of the aromas contained in this kit, without written consent of Wine Awakenings Canada is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, the illegal reproduction of these aromas may cause permanent damage to one’s health. For further information, please contact us at email@example.com