THE AROMAS IN THIS KIT ARE:
YOUR KIT CONTAINS:
• Aromas – 12 vials containing the most common aromas found in the varietal wine. Our aromas are formulated in partnership with an accredited organization, whose mandate is built on a foundation of impeccable research and development.
• An instructional Booklet – Including information on the predominant aromas found in your kit, and their origins. A brief history of the wine variety, as well as tips on tasting are also included.
• Scent Cards – Beautifully designed interactive scent cards with information on each of the scents are included in the kit, granting you easy access to wine aroma information while using the kit.
• An interactive notepad – Designed for you to practice the skills you’ve acquired through the kit. Gather a group of friends, open a few bottles of varietal wine, check off which aromas you recognize in the wines you taste, and compare answers.
• Packaging – Everything is held in place in a beautiful case designed to sit handsomely in your bookshelf, bar or dining room buffet cabinet, making the kit a wonderful and affordable collector’s item.
• The wine aroma wheel is also included. It will provide you with the benefits of describing wines in specific terms. This will enable your greater enjoyment and appreciation of the wonderful world of wine plus an enhanced ability to discriminate and remember wine flavours. The combined use of this descriptive wine aroma wheel and the 12 aroma vials will enhance your ability to discriminate and remember wine aromas. You will be able to make the connection between the aromatic characteristics and the varietals in which they are found. The varietals examined include for example: Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir; Shiraz, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, White Riesling and Gewürztraminer.
THE CHARDONNAY GRAPE AND VINE
Although the Chardonnay grape reached its greatness in France, it is now a citizen of the world. It produces the world’s leading white wine and it is no wonder. It is capable of producing a wine of simplicity and sophistication, polish and charm, complexity and delicacy. It is easy to grow, malleable in the cellar, responds well to the seasonings of oak and can grow distinctive with age.
The Chardonnay vine is an early-budding variety, so it must be protected from spring frosts, however it is sturdy enough to stand up to cold winter temperatures. It can ripen to high sugar levels, it is adaptable to many different kinds of soils, and it is vigourous and easy to grow.
On the down side, it can be vulnerable to diseases such as powdery mildew, fan leaf, grey rot, and Pierce’s Disease.
Because of its vigour, it must be trained on trellis systems and its leafy canopy must be managed to curb excessive growth, which can inhibit ripening.
*The precise chemical recipes for each aroma bottle contained in this kit have been meticulously composed in the laboratories commissioned by Wine Awakenings under the strict supervision of the company’s chief scientist and professor of oenology. Each aroma is also designed to be non-toxic, for human olfactory consumption, and is protected by Canadian and International copyright (patent pending). The reproduction, in whole or in part, of any of the aromas contained in this kit, without written consent of Wine Awakenings Canada is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, the illegal reproduction of these aromas may cause permanent damage to one’s health. For further information, please contact us at email@example.com