The aromas in this kit are:
- cigar box
Your kit contains:
• Aromas – 12 vials containing the most common aromas found in red wine. Our aromas are formulated in partnership with an accredited organization, whose mandate is built on a foundation of impeccable research and development.
• An instructional booklet – Including information on the predominant aromas found in your kit, and their origins. A brief history of red wine, as well as tips on tasting are also included.
• Scent Cards – Beautifully designed interactive scent cards with information on each of the scents are included in the kit, granting you easy access to wine aroma information while using the kit.
• An interactive notepad – Designed for you to practice the skills you’ve acquired through the kit. Gather a group of friends, open a few bottles of red wine, check off which aromas you recognize in the wines you taste, and compare answers.
• Packaging – Everything is held in place in a beautiful case designed to sit handsomely in your bookshelf, bar or dining room buffet cabinet, making the kit a wonderful and affordable collector's item.
• The wine aroma wheel is also included. It will provide you with the benefits of describing wines in specific terms. This will enable your greater enjoyment and appreciation of the wonderful world of wine plus an enhanced ability to discriminate and remember wine flavours. The combined use of this descriptive wine aroma wheel and the 12 aroma vials will enhance your ability to discriminate and remember wine aromas. You will be able to make the connection between the aromatic characteristics and the varietals in which they are found. The varietals examined include for example: Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir; Shiraz, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, White Riesling and Gewürztraminer.
The Red Wine Grape and Vine
Red wine grapes vary greatly in the range of wine styles they can produce, and the aromas and flavours that characterise them. Climate, vineyard practices and the specific grape clones used, all play important roles in red wine quality. In the winery, the main factors determining style and aroma are the length of time the grape skins are left in contact with the wine, how oak has been used during maturation, and how long the wine has been left to age in the bottle.
Red wine is made by fermenting crushed black grapes, pressing the grapes to release all the liquid, and then maturing and stabilising the resulting wine until it is ready for bottling. Aroma and flavour can be greatly influenced during each of these steps, depending on the style of wine the winemaker is aiming for.
In addition to the colour pigments, the aroma and flavour compounds in red wine have their origin in the grape skins, which means that winemaking techniques that lead to greater colour – such as extended contact between skins and wine after fermentation.
For the vast majority of quality grapes used in red winemaking, the colour comes from the grape skins. The final wine colour varies greatly - from a blush of pink, to dark inky red, to tawny brick-coloured.
*The precise chemical recipes for each aroma bottle contained in this kit have been meticulously composed in the laboratories commissioned by Wine Awakenings under the strict supervision of the company's chief scientist and professor of oenology. Each aroma is also designed to be non-toxic, for human olfactory consumption, and is protected by Canadian and International copyright (patent pending). The reproduction, in whole or in part, of any of the aromas contained in this kit, without written consent of Wine Awakenings Canada is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, the illegal reproduction of these aromas may cause permanent damage to one's health. For further information, please contact us at email@example.com
[shoppseo title="The Red Wine Kit" desc="Awaken your senses with 12 of the most common aromas found in Red Wines."]