This unique program containing patented technology will enable either the wine professional or a person with a desire to increase their knowledge of wine to scientifically understand wine’s distinctive characteristics; to speak with confidence either for commercial application within the hospitality industry or for personal enrichment.
The license and materials contained in this kit are:
- Course Manual – an 80 page course pack to guide the participant through the self-paced study program
- A set of 24 aromas representing the most encountered aromas found in Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Pinot, Red, White and Wine Faults
- The “How to Taste” book by Jancis Robinson
- Wine Wheels: The Mouthfeel Wheel™ and Wine Aroma Wheel™
- Wine Texture Card™: To recreate the “feel” of wine
- Taste Discs– Sour, Sweet, Bitter, Salty & Umami
- Plastic tweezers for use with the Taste Discs
- Key topics covered include– getting to know one’s palate, the basic components of taste and flavour, “nosing” red and white wines, the feel of wine, wine faults, the complex matrix of wine, pitfalls of tasting and the art of the service.
Note: WINE~EXPERT~IN~A~BOX is available in English only.